Last night while fretting over computer mysteries as approaching-midnight made my sour mood worse, I heard a series of loud booms. It was the first fireworks for July 4th. It shocked me out of my narrow, fretful focus. Oh, July 4th! Could I put the list of frustrations aside for 24 hours, long enough to be grateful for my life in this country? Could I focus on how blessed we Americans are?
- An honorable President- whether I agree with his policies or not
- Enough food to eat or places to get help
- Competent medical care & free public schools
- A wide choice of religions... OR... no religion
- Jobs, though more scarce. Again, there's help for the needy
- Laws enforced without bombs aimed at a population
- People that generally respect the law & justice system.
- Freedom to say, read, & write what we want
- No major earthquakes, tsunamis, revolutions, crazy dictator/killers, nuclear melt-downs.
This seemed like a good time for Cheryl to stop whining long enough to be grateful for her life. So I compiled a few creations from fellow artists on http://www.zibbet.com/ & on http://www.etsy.com/, who obviously thought about July 4th long before I did! Hope you enjoy my selections. I'm feeling better now, ready to go to bed fret-free:)
Happy Birthday to Us All
P.S. Just after the Big Booms, Windows booted successfully on the FOURTH attempt. Phew!