Friday, September 7, 2007

Inspired by Sleep & a Friendly Nudge

On Labor Day, my internal clock began ticking with the alarm set. I must now find a way to put aside peripheral tasks & focus again on the jewelry creation process. AND I must complete the process soon, so I have ample time to photograph & market the 2007 Fall-Winter Collection! With a feeling somewhere between exhilaration & panic, I went to bed on Sept. 3, having officially set my internal alarm clock for the jewelry-making deadline.

It's unusual that I fell asleep with my mind so full of panic, but I did. Sometime during the night I began dreaming about jewelry designs -- a wonderful dream, full of clear mental pictures of a new product line my friend Joyce had been nudging me toward for many weeks without results... until tonight. But the more I dreamed, the more excited I felt, & the closer I came to consciousness. I didn't want the dream to end. Still buried in the pillow, I remember fearing that what seemed brilliant in sleep was total nonsense in reality. I've had many such brainstorms fizzle like that through the years. But as I re-examined that night's dream, I was still excited. So I got out of bed, checked the clock (5 am -- Good Grief! I Am Crazy...), walked into my work room, found my Brainstorm Book, & drew out 4 designs for the new product line. I had even dreamed up the name of the new line!

I've had fun since that dream, turning brainstorms into reality. (Notice the absence of blog entries :) These creations are a total departure for me. The new branch in my collection will include clasps for silk scarves & pins for knits, though I've have never been a knitter. The name I literally dreamed up for the new line is KnitKnacks. Tonight I learned that unfortunately it's already a registered domain name. Can you believe that?! But I will call my new product line KnitKnacks anyway.
Here's a sneak peek at my knit pins. I envision them adding pizazz to knit mufflers, purses, belts, hats, & dresses or coats -- any item with a looser weave.
I plan to make 3-4 scarf clasps as well, then re-focus on the remaining collection -- fun designs for necklaces, bracelets, & earrings.

So, from top to bottom, let me introduce you to "Mother," "Playfully Yours," "The 4th Dimension," and "Your Lucky Horseshoe." Joyce already claimed The 4th Dimension pin :)

I'll begin adding items from the new collection to my 2 website stores during October. Finally the hardcore MAKING of jewelry. That's so exciting! Can't wait to get up in the mornings & can't make myself go to bed at night :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SGII says, "It's good to have friends who give friendly nudges."

Cheryl Z said...

i count on my friends for that!