Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Surprise Phone Call

ANGELS AMONG US: The phone rang as I was working on my Etsy website, and a woman said, "This is Carol from the Fremont Fair. Remember me?" OMG, it was THE TAN LADY, my hero on that sad day. (See my first post.) She had done me another unbelievable kindness. Living across The Pond in Seattle, she roams the hub of activity all the time & found a really nice store of local artisan-only craft items. She touted me to the sales lady & called to say that my jewelry would compete favorably with any other in the store. I now have the name & phone number of the owner. There were even customers in the store when Carol was there- & hopefully some sales. Carol also travels quite a bit & promised to remember me as she scouts various stores along the way. SCOUTS ARE GOOD :) Now, if only THE PHOTOGRAPHER would email me....

Isn't life amazing? We impact each other's lives in ways beyond imagining...

Please don't forget to vote on my 2 business cards, on the bottom-right. Poor Perky Bead seems to be behind in the polls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
That is similar to how a publisher got word about our book. My book partner, met someone who had a connection with the publisher. It sounds like you are taking a similar path as we are, only with a very different product.
Dorothy

Dawn said...

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to see if anything comes of the people I talked to at the Fremont market, but I have pretty low expectations about that. I'm just trying to do a bunch of other stuff instead! :)

Cheryl Z said...

oh wow! what's the name of your book??

Cheryl Z said...

dawn, good luck! you just never know, which is what i learned :)